Thursday, July 14, 2011

Here We Go!

I have long been interested in hiking The Colorado Trail. This interest has increased over the years, especially with my discovery of Colorado's Fourteeners over the past year. Even more, Ramius loves to hike and is getting up in years - he is about 3 1/2 now - and I want to do something fun with him before we can't anymore. Beyond that even, I'm eager to celebrate the successful (cross your fingers) completion of my Master's.

So we have elected to hike roughly 500 miles from Denver to Durango shortly after our trip to Vermont in the summer of 2012. We are also going to bag a few peaks along the way, including several of the Ivies and Colorado's crown jewel: Mount Elbert.

I'm hoping to use this blog to organize my own trip and, if someone happens to stumble upon it, give advice to people travelling along the trail in the future - especially those who are travelling with dogs. It's a shame that there aren't more guides detailing a dog-friendly excursion, but I guess that just makes it that much more of an adventure.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment